Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's true...now we are a family of 4!

Olivia Grace Jones made her appearance on Friday, October 14th--8 days early.  She let mom finish up her last day at work and then decided there was no need for down time, joining us the next day.  Labor went smoothly, Chris worked Friday morning and was home by 2p which is when the contractions kind of started to get more regular.  We got in the car around 4:30p to take Becca to Kathy's and then hit the Skyway into Chicago at 4:45p on Friday afternoon to fully embrace rush hour.  It took us 1 hour and 45 minutes to get in, with my contractions coming every 4-5 minutes.  We got into our hospital room at 8p (contractions about every 2-3 minutes) I was 4 cm dilated.  Received my epidural at 8:30p and by 11p, the doctor was there instructing me to give a few, brief pushes.  Livy was here at 11:12p, weighing 7 pounds and 15 ounces and measuring 20 1/4 inches.

(As an aside, Chris was super pleased with Livy's timing as the Cardinals game was starting as we got into our triage room and finished about 25 min before she came)
Becca came to meet her new little sister the next day, as did Chris' parents

Olivia is laid back and easy going and showed us that even on those first days.  We went home Sunday without any complications or troubles during our stay. 

Becca's been a good big sister (though we've had some ups and downs, her and I).  We were lucky enough to have had a LOT of help for many weeks after coming home, with family staying and meals being delivered...it has made the transition to 2 kiddos much easier.

We are trucking along as Livy grows so quickly.  She will be 11 weeks tomorrow!  I go back to work part-time on Jan 10th and the girls with both go to Kathy's.

Christmas was an absolute pleasure and blast this year!  We hosted and both Chris' and my parents were able to spend a few days with us.  Becca was well behaved and loved her gifts.  I cannot believe how grown up my first baby is...she is such a character and I love her so much.


Here is Livy and I a couple weeks ago...She's in 3mo and some 3-6mo clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment